Judicial Excellence Award Nominations Accepted
The Ohio State Bar Association is now accepting nominations for the 2014 Thomas J. Moyer Award for Judicial Excellence.
Established in 2010 in honor of the late Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice Moyer, this prestigious award honors a current or former Ohio state or federal judge who demonstrates outstanding qualities of judicial excellence, including integrity, fairness, open-mindedness, knowledge of the law, professionalism, ethics, creativity, sound judgment, courage, and decisiveness. The ideal nominee will have had a distinguished life-long career committed to the advancement of the rule of law and the administration of justice.
Evidence that the nominee is deserving of the award may include a:
- Listing of, or brief excerpts from, scholarly articles, lectures, speeches, or judicial opinions that illustrate extraordinary or remarkable contributions to justice.
- Description of the activities advancing or enhancing the collaborative and professional relationships between the bench and bar.
- Description of other public activities—for example, civic leadership roles at the state or community level in which the nominee has demonstrated a commitment to the improvement or benefit of society.
Nominees may not be candidates for election or appointment to any elected public office at the time of their nomination or selection. To nominate a candidate, please submit the following:
- The nomination form.
- A description of the accomplishments, contributions and/or initiatives of the nominee toward the advancement of the rule of law and administration of justice in Ohio (such as examples listed above).
- Any supporting documents such as reports or scholarly articles evidencing the nominee’s contributions to the advancement of the rule of law and the administration of justice.
All material must be received no later than June 13, and can be submitted in person or mailed to:
Moyer Award Nomination
Ohio State Bar Association
1700 Lake Shore Drive
P. O. Box 16562
Columbus, Ohio 43216-6562
For more information, contact Kalpana Yalamanchili or at 800.282.6556.